Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nice to Meet You 6th Edition!


 
 

                Good day everyone.  So the new edition of 40K has been out for about two months now and a number of you blood-thirsty gamers have had a chance to get your o.d.’s dirty.  Unfortunately, I am still not among those ranks yet.  Overall, I’ve heard great things about this new edition, which is building my anticipation even more.  I’ve also heard some criticisms as well, which is normal and taken with a grain of salt (consider the various sources).  Recently, I had the chance to drop in on an event that helped gamers become familiar with the new rules in a loose tournament setting.   The casual feel took tournament stress out of the picture for the gamers, with some prize support to boot.  Now admittedly I don’t know the results of this event, if you really want to know just ask the guys that were there.

                The turnout was modest but I was impressed with variety of armies being fielded, IG with allied Grey Knights, Nids, Vanilla Marines, Dark Eldar, and of course Orks Waaaagggghhhh!  Flyers were well represented as well, Ork Dakka jets and Storm Ravens alike.  Man I wish I had played instead of being on the sidelines, ugh.  For the most part painting seemed to be a WIP (no gray plastic though, a plus) those that were painted looked pretty darn good.  Well enough blathering from me check out the photos that I took and let’s hear from the gamers that were there.  Tell us what you liked, didn’t like or even a quick word about one of the games you played. 

 

As always, thanks for reading and happy hobbying!
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment